The serif typography is a small line attached to the end of a stroke in a letter of symbol. Typeface of serif called Serif Typeface and a typeface without serif called Sans Serif. Here sans is a French word that means “Without” so a Sans Serif typeface does not contain any Serif properties.
Serif fonts are highly useful for designing body text because they are considered very easier to read than Sans Serif fonts in print. However, scientific study on this topic has been inconclusive. Serifed fonts are overwhelmingly preferred for lengthy text printed in books, newspapers and magazines.
Today in this tutorial we will be sharing 50+ highly useful and most popular Serif fonts for professional and newbie designers. Hope that you will find the best font from the following collections.
- 60 Fresh New Handwriting Fonts for Designers
- 50 Free High Quality Sans Serif Fonts for Designers in 2016
- 70 Free Awesome Calligraphy Fonts for Designers
- 50 Free Cool Handwriting Fonts for Personal Usage
- 40 High Quality Script Fonts for Personal Usage
Mermaid is a high contrast transitional serif face with round, smooth curves. It contains swash caps and a basic set of diacriticals and special characters.